CLUTCH REPAIR IN ARLINGTON, VA
IS IT TIME FOR A CLUTCH REPAIR? — AUTO STOP ARLINGTON
Signs Your Manual Transmission Needs Clutch Repair
Do you prefer driving a manual vehicle? Then you need to have your clutch inspected every 50K miles and keep your eye out for signs of clutch degradation. Automatic transmission vehicles also have a clutch, but it works a bit differently and can be checked as part of your transmission inspection. Some of the most common clutch repairs include broken or stretched clutch cables, leaking fluids, air in the hydraulic line, or misaligned linkage. Here are a few signs that your manual transmission is in need of a clutch repair:
- You should be able to step on your clutch pedal with ease. If it becomes gradually or increasingly difficult to push or it feels like it is sticking, then something is in need of repair.
- If your vehicle has started slipping out of the gear you have designated, then there is definitely something that needs to be fixed. Sometimes it’s not a transmission issue, but an oil leak.
- If your clutch vibrates upon release, we need to take a look and see what is going on.
- If you notice a burning paper smell when you shift gears, you are likely in need of a clutch adjustment. If this only occurs when teaching a new driver how to shift gears, there probably isn’t a problem.
What Does My Clutch Do?
You know that your clutch is responsible for shifting gears, but what does that mean? Your clutch helps you regulate how much power your engine produces during acceleration. This provides you with the horsepower to drive up steep hills and increase or decrease speed accordingly. If you are experiencing any changes in clutch performance, we urge you to stop by as soon as possible, both for safety and to minimize the residual damages. Walk-ins are always welcome! You can find us at 3808 S Four Mile Run Dr, Arlington,.
We Do Transmission Repairs Too
Your clutch plays a vital role in the transmission. While your clutch only needs to be inspected every 50K miles or so, your transmission should be checked every 10K miles. All of the repairs we complete at the Auto Stop Arlington have a 36 months/36,000 mile nationwide warranty. If you move outside of the NOVA area or to another state, know that we still have you covered. If we inspect your clutch and find that you also need a transmission repair, we can do that too. This includes:
- Transmission Replacement
- Driveline Repair & Maintenance
- Axle Repair & Replacement
- Clutch Repair & Replacement
- Transmission Fluid Service
- Flywheel Repair & Replacement
- Driveshaft & U-Joint Repair
- Transmission Flush
- Differential Diagnosis
- Differential Rebuild & Service
- And More!