If you are an Arlington driver who prefers a manual vehicle then you will need to have your clutch inspected every 50K miles and keep your eye out for signs that your clutch is in need of a repair. Automatic transmission also have a clutch, but it works a bit differently and can be checked as part of your transmission inspection. Some of the most common clutch repairs include broken or stretched clutch cables, leaking fluids, air in the hydraulic line, or misaligned linkage. Here are a few signs that your manual transmission is in need of a clutch repair:
- You should be able to step on your clutch pedal with ease. If it has become gradually or increasingly difficult to push or it feels like it is sticking, then something is in need of repair.
- If your vehicle has started slipping out of the gear you have designated, then there is definitely something that needs to be fixed. Sometimes it’s not a transmission issue but an oil leak.
- If your clutch vibrates upon release we need to take a look and see what is going on.
- If you notice a burning paper smell when you shift gears, you are likely in need of a clutch adjustment. If this only occurs when teaching a new driver how to shift gears, there probably isn’t a problem.
What Does My Clutch Do?
You know that your clutch is responsible for shifting gears, but what does that mean? Your clutch helps you regulate how much power your engine produces during acceleration. This provides you with the horsepower to drive up steep hills and increase or decrease speed accordingly. If you are experiencing any changes in clutch performance, we urge you to stop by as soon as possible—both for safety and to minimize the residual damages. Walk-ins are always welcome!
We Do Transmission Repairs Too
Your clutch plays a vital role in transmission. While your clutch only needs to be inspected every 50K miles or so, your transmission should be checked ever 10K miles. All of the repairs we complete at the Auto Stop Arlington have a 36 months/36,000 nationwide warranty. That means that if you move outside of the NOVA area or to another state you are still covered. If we inspect your clutch and find that you also need a transmission repair, we can do that too. This includes:
- Transmission Replacement
- Driveline Repair & Maintenance
- Axle Repair & Replacement
- Clutch Repair & Replacement
- Transmission Fluid Service
- Flywheel Repair & Replacement
- Driveshaft & U-Joint Repair
- Transmission Flush
- Differential Diagnosis
- Differential Rebuild & Service
- And More!