Your manual transmission utilizes a clutch that helps you shift your gears and provide the proper power to help you accelerate and navigate hills and uneven terrain. Your clutch should be inspected every 50,000 miles or so, ideally before you have a major repair need. This might include broken or stretched clutch cables, air in the hydraulic line, misaligned linkage, or leaking fluids elsewhere in your vehicle that are compromising your clutch. Stop by Auto Stop Falls Church for a clutch repair if you are experiencing any of the symptoms below:
- If you can no longer activate your clutch pedal with ease, or if feels like your pedal is sticking. This could be a gradual or rapid change.
- If your clutch has started slipping out of gear, then your clutch is damaged.
- If your clutch pedal is vibrating, particularly lifting your foot off the clutch.
- If you notice a burning paper smell when shifting gears. This typically does not apply if you are a new to manual transmission as you are still learning how to shift gears properly, but it doesn’t hurt to have it checked.
How Does My Clutch Work?
Your clutch works with your manual transmission to shift between gears and manually control your performance. Automatic transmissions have a clutch as well, but it works a bit differently. If shifting gears has become a challenge or you have any changes in clutch performance, stop by as soon as you can. Your clutch repair will minimize further damage and keep you safe and in control while on the road. Walk-in anytime!
Does Your Transmission Need Work Too?
Your clutch and transmission work together and the Auto Stop Falls Church can repair both. If you stay on top of your factory scheduled maintenance your transmission will be checked every 10,000 miles—if it’s been longer it’s time for a full vehicle inspection. All of our work is backed by a 36 months/36,000 miles nationwide warranty. That means that if you relocate outside of the Metro DC area your work is still covered! If you bring your vehicle in for a clutch repair and we find that you are also in need of a transmission fix we can do that too. This includes:
- Transmission Replacement
- Driveline Repair & Maintenance
- Axle Repair & Replacement
- Clutch Repair & Replacement
- Transmission Fluid Service
- Flywheel Repair & Replacement
- Driveshaft & U-Joint Repair
- Transmission Flush
- Differential Diagnosis
- Differential Rebuild & Service
- And More!
Your repair doesn’t need to slow you down! If we will need your car for the day you can arrange to use a loaner car, free shuttle, or our afterhours drop-off and pick-up.