Bumper to Bumper Care
As the proud owner of an Audi, you want to make sure that you give your vehicle the best possible care. Here are some tips to help you understand some Audi repair and maintenance needs that you should be aware of.
Suspension and Steering
Your suspension and steering are important parts of your vehicle that need care. Here are some tips to help you:
- Ball joints should be checked once per year.
- Humming sounds may be a sign that your wheel bearing has to be replaced.
- Vehicles in hot climates need their power steering fluid changed every 30,00 miles.
Your Audi’s brake system needs careful inspection and maintenance. Here are ideas to help you take care of it:
- Change your brake fluid every 3 years or 30,000 miles.
- Determine if your front brake pads or rotors need to be changed by looking for a brake pad warning light. Rear brake pads should be changed if you feel a vibration while you brake or you hear metal hitting metal.
- Use your car’s VIN number or look at its wheel rotor to find the brake code.
How can you care for your vehicle’s engine? Here is some advice:
- You can use your vehicle’s VIN number to determine its engine code, or you can remove the block cover to find it.
- To determine if your water pump is leaking, remove its splash pan and look for a coolant trail.
- When you take your vehicle in for timing belt service, you may also want to replace other parts, such as o-rings and seals.
Driveline and Transmission
Your Audi will not be operable without a functioning transmission and driveline. Here are tips to help you care for both:
- You can find the transmission code by viewing the Vehicle Identification Label on your spare tire’s tire well, looking in your car’s owner’s manual, or by using your VIN.
- If you are having shifting issues, change your car’s transmission fluid and filter.
- If your outer CV joints are replaced, you probably won’t have to change the whole drive shaft.
Are you ready to bring your car in for Audi repair services? Auto Stop in Arlington, Virginia, is dedicated to providing the best dealership alternative for car owners. Contact us to schedule a service appointment.