If your vehicle has been sitting for a while due to social distancing and quarantine, you’ll want to make sure that everything is in good working order! We put together a quick checklist that anyone can use to make sure that their car is ready to hit the road!
- Is your battery more than 3 years old?
- Batteries can become discharged when not driven for long periods of time
- You’ll want to make sure it still has life before parking away from home
- If you have any doubts, have the condition of the battery checked by Auto Stop or your trusted auto parts store
- Check your tire pressure:
- If your tire pressure is low, it can increase the risk of blowout
- Consult the sticker in the driver door jam (or owners manual) for correct inflation pressure
- Check your wiper blades:
- Wipers are plastic and can become brittle after sitting out in the sun
- Double check they are still in good condition before you need them!
- Make sure your registration stickers are all up to date
- If your safety inspection sticker, city/county sticker, or license plate tags have expired, the police may write a ticket
- Check the engine oil level:
- Ensure your engine is fully protected with enough oil
- Check to make sure all of your lights are working
- If your headlights, tail-lights, turn signals, or brake lights are burnt out, you’ll want to get them replaced them ASAP
If we can be of any assistance, give us a call in Arlington or Falls Church for assistance!